Saturday, February 15, 2014

HAPPINESS

I never really do blogs about the things that happened on my birthday, but today was an exception. Because I shut off the birthday notification on my FB account, no one bothered to post birthday greetings/wishes on my timeline. I got my early birthday greeting from my father on v-day but it did not end well. We end up arguing with each other over petty things. Then later that evening, around 12 midnight, I got an FB message from Mitch. It was heartwarming and I was emotional after I read her message. Mitch's birthday also falls on the month of February and I can say I feel safe every time I pour my heart out to her.
It was just another ordinary 15th day of February for me. I was awaken by a call from my mother, but I chose to ignore it. After 1 hour of staring at my white wall, I decided to get off of bed to have breakfast. Mom called me again and this time I answered my phone. Well this day was a bit weird because my housemates were kind of distant towards me. I felt lost because they were so busy doing things of which I think was work related. I slept the whole day without even getting a single birthday message from anybody. My sister called me and we chatted for few minutes. I took a bath later in the afternoon and went out to get my laundry. I never really imagined that a SURPRISE was waiting for me. I'm just speechless! I never thought that these people whom I just met last year were planning to celebrate my birthday! No words can describe my happiness! I don't like extravagant gifts. I just want simple things and memories worth keeping!
I am not getting any younger! My experience in life probably has taught me to cherish memories because they just come once in a lifetime!

I found friendship in a strange place,  friends worth keeping!























1 comment: